Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Mercury is in retrograde (and in our lightbulbs)

I talked with my dear friend, Kristin, from CA, and told her my computer woes. She said it's because Mercury is in retrograde (I'm still not sure what this means, but maybe something like bell bottoms are back in style? Retro?), and that messes with our electronics. Then I read an article in Steve's "Men's Health" - yes, I read it for the articles... and it said that if you drop a flourescent compact bulb (the kind that's good for the environment) it releases mercury vapor. I was shocked that I'd never heard of that before, so looked at our GE lightbulb casing, and sure enough it said "Contains mercury." I called their 800 number, and there was even a number to press to hear recorded information about the mercury. You can also go on their website at www.gelighting.com and get more information. I thought it was good information to pass on - just be careful not to break the bulbs - handle them by their base, and don't try to force them on or off. I haven't read of how to dispose of them, but I'm assuming because they're hazardous materials there may be special instructions. I'm still surprised that I hadn't heard of this before, but maybe we're all just waking up to various degrees about many things in our world.

How is everyone else feeling? Sort of like recuperating from a long, drawn-out illness - tired, drained, still a little shell-shocked. I still feel really blissful (most of the time), but last night I got a blast of real frustration that made everything around me intolerable for about an hour. My poor family - even their breathing bothered me, until I told Steve "I just couldn't take it anymore - I need a break" then I realized I'd had the whole day to do my work and be quiet, so it was something more than that, but I can't put my finger on it. I'm assuming this is all part of the ups and downs associated with integrating into this new place, accepting what IS instead of always looking around at what could be "better" or more or faster. So I slow down today, dance to DDR for an hour, drink a lot of water, and am now heading off to see my clients for the day. It IS all good - I just need to keep reminding myself of that fact, even if I have to keep saying it over and over and over and over...

No comments: