Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Day Three - easy walk 30 minutes

I haven't figured out which one is slower - the easy walk or the stroll. Any thoughts? It doesn't really matter, as I strapped on the ol' iPod and hit the Y again. The track is much smaller than at Concordia, but I can go there right after I drop Bill off at school, so I can get a jump on my day. I slept in until 5AM (what in the world is going on?), so am a tad tired right now, at 3:33PM. But the good news is that I've logged in 7968 steps so far - not too shabby, as my dad would say. I walked to three rounds of "Talk Dirty to Me," and even sang the words, until the two guys at the weight machines looked at me just a little too intensely ("lock the cellar door, and baby - talk dirty to me" - ah, does it get any better than that? I think not...)

I put the German Short Ribs in the crockpot, then mixed up the triple batch of meatballs and tomato sauce. The double batch of piquant meatloaf is ready to go, but I don't have any sage, or disposable foil containers to put it all in, so I've got to wait until Steve gets home from coffee with the boys. That's okay. I'm wondering if I'm on stress overload, hence the insomnia, or whether it's just an energy thing - probably a little of both. The sun is shining beautifully, and I'm feeling fit as a fiddle (however fit fiddles may be). I leave for Bismarck tomorrow to be with Mom and Dad (hence the mega-cooking), but I'll actually crockpot some Boston Brown Bread when I'm there because Mom said she used to eat it as a child. I think anything I can do to make them happy is well worth it. I already made and froze Grandma Ekberg's gingersnap cookies, and Granny Meyer's oatmeal cookies, so I think it's mega-cooler time, don't you?

How am I feeling today? Crabby. I can't get my lists to work on AOL, and I find myself swearing, using words I don't normally use (well, sometimes I do, but not with much frequency). It's just that when I'm doing things to help everyone else, I'd like to see my time as worthwhile, not thrown out the window in the form of deleted lists - that's just too much. I haven't touched my nutrition textbooks in weeks, much less start on an incredible idea for a young adult book series. Let me just say this much: it involves a little boy finding a golden orb in a field, and when he holds it in his hand, he's transported to this other place that looks much like his current world, but a more "real" place. His "friend" he meets tells him that Earth's in dire danger, and needs help. Fiction? I think not. But that's for another day - first we take care of parents and husbands and children. And we breathe. We remember to breathe.

No comments: