Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Thursday, February 21, 2008

unbelievably beautiful...

"Live. Take risks. That is really what life is about. We must pursue our own happiness. Nobody has ever lived our lives; there are no guidelines. Trust your instincts. accept nothing but the best. But then also look for it carefully. Don't allow it to slip between your fingers. Sometimes, good things come to us in such a quiet fashion. And nothing comes complete. It is what we make of whatever we encounter that determines the outcome. What we choose to see, what we choose to save. And what we choose to remember. Never forget that all the love in your life is there, inside you, always. It can never be taken from you." - Linda Olsson, from "Astrid and Veronika"

It was a full day, or strategerizing (how do you even spell that made-up word? Who knows? Make it up) with K. for Steve's campaign - he's really going to do this thing, I can just FEEL it. And life is flowing, no worries, no fears - all beauty and fullness of being. Isn't that a book? If not, it should be, and maybe I should write it. I have assembled 150 friends from all over the state to be in our "club" (if you want to be in the club, just let me know), and that feels REALLY great - it feels cozy, and loving, and energizing. I love being Steve's campaign manager, not only because I love Steve and believe in what he's going to do for North Dakota, but because I get to organize, and create, and DO. When you believe in something, everything is easier, and clearer, and life is more fun.

So I'm reading, and cooking, and seeing clients, and writing (not enough, but next week...), and enjoying my life, exactly as it is. What a miracle this whole thing is. If you would've asked me even 6 months ago if I would be feeling this today, I would have laughed - of course not - I'm kind of neurotic and obsessive and a worrier, and I can't just let things GO, but that's not who I am today. Well, it's still a PART of me, I'm sure, but it's not the main part anymore. And I like being here - I feel stronger and clearer, and I think I need to feel that way to handle all that's coming up for me. I think that's true for everyone, as change looms huge and unavoidable on the horizon, even if it means we all will be recycling or growing our own vegetables or supporting local businesses or driving hybrids. Forward movement is good, and that forward movement leads us ultimately within. That's where I'm staying, anyway. Firmly within my core, within my own life, within my Being. And what a lovely view...

No comments: