Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Monday, February 11, 2008

movement

I had a hard time waking up this morning. Part of it was that we'd stayed up until after midnight all weekend to spend time with Kari and Brian, but this was a to-the-bone tired that it is usually an energetic thing. So I honored it by going to bed at 9, dragging out of bed at 7:30 - not a math major, but that's 10 1/2 hours of sleep, and I could crawl back again. What's shifting? Part of it is our imbedded ideas of how we think our lives should look. I know I have specific ideas about what should go on in my life, and with the people I'm with. I've probably backed them into a corner, and see them in certain ways. Kari is the _____ one, Erik is the _____ one, Steve is always ________, and on. So I'm rolling my shoulders (they are stiff as well) and thinking about how I see all of the people who are in my life. Have I narrowed my vision of who they are and who they could be? Am I giving them the benefit of the doubt? Am I encouraging them to grow and change? Heck, and I doing that for myself? I don't know the answers to any of these questions today, but it's a perfect morning to ponder all of this, before I strap on my sneakers and start my half-marathon training. I'm even keeping a training log (how cool is that? As cool as North Dakota weather).

Steve is traveling all week, speaking at the local conventions around the state. His speech is killer, and I can feel his energy - it will be great when he's PSC. North Dakota is getting a great guy, and I should know. I can't wait for this weekend, and the Celebration of Women and Their Music. Mags is spending the weekend, and we're going to the show on Saturday. Deb does such a great job - it's the 11th year - hard to believe that Kari and I went the second year, and she was just a little girl (um, math time again - 11 years old). Time is just so... fleeting. What a day what a week what a life.

No comments: