Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Saturday, February 23, 2008

off the track...

They drew me a picture of two parallel lines coming up from the bottom of the page. Then there was a little break, then the lines continued on the other side, but they were not going the same way - they were slightly to the left, and veering off to the left.

"When you make the leap," they told me, "you need to get on track again, but most people's problems is that they think they should be getting back on the SAME track as before, but that track is no longer there. They need to find a NEW track to travel, otherwise, they're moving off-track, and then they crash."

I told them that I had understood the need to leap over to the other side, but not that the tracks had changed, so I thanked them for the valuable information. They told me to pass the word on, so I am. Then I woke up.

Bill had an 8AM basketball game this morning, and it was hard to open my eyes much before 7:30. Even now, as I type, at 10:46, I feel my eyelids heavy, and I want to curl up again. What is it with these nights of deep sleeping, and deep dreaming? There is not much difference between waking and sleeping these days, for me, at least.

I am in an auditorium full to the ceiling with people. "They" are talking to them, have them all brainwashed. The woman next to me whispers, "They're going after the government next - it won't be long." She said she was a lone wolf before she came to the auditorium. I asked her how all of this sits with her, and she replied, "Well, it's inevitable."

But I didn't think it was inevitable, so I got up to leave. I was surprised that the doors were unlocked, but as I walked out into the night, I heard the distant barking of dogs, coming to get me. "God," I whispered, "I am not going to be like that - please protect me so I can continue to be free-thinking and independent." Then I became invisible and could fly, so I escaped from "them." I ended up being housed by a family of the New, they called themselves (as opposed to the Old) - I could tell it was going to be a dangerous existence, but I also knew that I would never go back to the Old. Never. Then I woke up.

What dreams may come? When we have shuffled off this mortal coil, must give us pause. So I'm pausing today to remember and honor my dreams. And probably to nap.

No comments: