Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Monday, June 23, 2008

pretty songbird

I had a dream last night. I owned a pretty songbird, with bright blue and red feathers. She nuzzled her beak against my face and I loved her. But one day she was lying down in her cage, and couldn't sit up. I held her to me, kept her by my side, but she kept shrinking, until she was only a quarter of an inch long, see-through, curled up, with black eyes and beating heart. She slid along the ground and I yelled at everyone to watch out for her, to not squish her, but they kept on with their business, not listening to me. She slid along to the drain and slipped down. I cried, and tried to get to her. But she was gone. Then out of the drain came two geckos - one blue and one red. They were shiny and lithe and they slithered around the grass trying to get acquainted. I wanted to catch them, but they weren't my pretty songbird. She was gone.

No comments: