Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Week of Good Cooking

We're all excited. We even found a recipe for Chicken Pad Thai that we're going to try. But tomorrow we make lentil soup, followed by Indonesian Rice Salad and Hot German Potato Salad, then asparagus with carmelized onions. We'll make something, then take a picture of it and report on how it turned out. Why lentil soup first? Because we're COLD to the bone! We made a fire tonight, and huddled under a blankey watching Star Wars "Attack of the Clones." It's the second movie - we've already watched 4,5,6, and 1, so we just have 3 left to complete one of our summer goals.

How am I feeling these days? Really happy, peaceful, even, lovingly detached from most of my self-inflicted burdens. I'm not worried about anything, but feeling really excited about everything that is unfolding and will be unfolding, and there's no rush, no worries. I love my work with my sweet clients, I love my writing, I love being with my friends and spending time chilling with my husband and child, but most of all I'm just loving BEING. It's all SO good. Stay tuned for the first installment of "a week of good cooking" tomorrow.

Enjoy the rain! There are SO many songs we've been singing, like "Singing in the Rain," "It's Raining it's Pouring (the old man is snoring)," "Laughter in the Rain," oh, I'm sure we'll think of more. But now off to look up recipes on www.topsecretrecipes.com - Bill wants to check it out. Until tomorrow, here's to simple bliss.

No comments: