Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Saturday, September 22, 2007

feelings...

Woh woh woh, feelings. I'm feeling them, inside and out. Intensely, like there's no connection between the outer manifestations and my connections to them. It's a holistic experience (like the hailstorm two nights ago) - everything is related, connected. Maybe that's how it's supposed to be in this new place we find ourselves. This unity place, but it's strange to get used to, I'm not going to lie. I find myself overwhelmed with tenderness when I see a baby bunny gently hopping across my backyard deck, and I just want to go hold it. Well, good luck with THAT.

I see the sun shining through the back window, and it looks like God is back there, shining on the dryer, even though it's just the bacon smoke that's causing the rays to shine brighter. Steve got up and made bacon, and I treated myself to 2 pieces (I hope they're nitrite-free), and even the smell permeated all the way through me. It's like all of my senses are involved with every single little aspect of my reality these days. I don't just smell - I FEEL the smells, touch the smells, see the smells, know the smells. You get the idea.

What does this have to do with anything? I don't know, other than to make me appreciate how deeply and completely I am able to flow through the moments of my day and just be grateful at how perfect and beautiful it all is, no matter what is happening. If I catch myself getting angry, or mean, I catch myself pretty fast, then take a few deep breaths and imagine pulling all of my energies back into my body, centering myself. My heart slows down, my head clears, and that silly grin breaks out on my face again. I like it here - it's nice. It appears to be permanent. I don't know what will happen if something difficult happens - I hope it helps me move even deeper into this place of bliss. I'm counting on it.

No comments: