Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Thursday, September 20, 2007

it's only a dream

I'm in the hospital with Kari and Bill, and they put me to sleep and wheel me away. Bill starts to scream and fall over, scared and missing me. I tell Kari (I know, I'm asleep on the table, but still...) to go be with Bill and not leave him alone. I drift over to where Bill is sitting, crying, and hold him tightly and look into his eyes.

"See, Bill? I'm right here. Even though I'm asleep on that table, I'm able to be here with you. Feel me here, sweetie - this is real. And when I wake up, I'm going to tell you about this, so you know you can call on me and have me here, even if I'm not physically here. This is real."

Bill nods, and I am relieved that he is able to feel my presence, even though I'm physically with him, and I am excited about these possibilities. When I awake this morning, I lay down next to him and tell him this dream. Ah, what expansion, what glorious awakenings are in store for us - this is just the beginning of great things.

"Mom," Bill says.

"Yes, honey," I whisper back, just waiting for his profound words.

"Your breath smells like Grammy and Bapa's house," he replies.

No comments: