Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Mom countdown - Day 27 - preparations

I called Mom today. The first thing she said was that she'd felt restless and unable to sleep last weekend, and remembered what I'd said about this last energy shift, so talked to Dad to see what he thought. God love them both - in their mid-80's and talking about this "new age" stuff. Heck, even I thought it was strange 10 years ago. But once you start living it, and seeing it, it doesn't seem strange anymore. In fact, I told my clients yesterday that there really is no "normal" anymore. Think about it: what do you consider normal? Maybe what's happened to you before, experiences you've had, thoughts you've thought. Well, try fitting the current concept of time into any neat little box - it doesn't fit so neatly, does it? Or the increased occurrences of coincidences - is that normal? It seems to me that the further we stretch our possibilities, the larger our range of normal becomes. I think we'll figure it out eventually that there IS no end to the possibilities. So far I still wonder, "is THIS the edge of the jar? Okay, now is THIS?" when in fact there IS no jar - there never was, even if we were under the illusion that we were separated and isolated in little glass jars. We've been set free, but we're blinded by the light, stunned. They say that if you put a fish in a small tank, she'll get used to her boundaries of the tank. Even when you move her into a bigger tank, she'll still swim in the same area that would've matched her old tank's size. Interesting, isn't it? Maybe it's the same with us. Limitations.

I try to live with no limits, but I'm sure I still do. I'm human. I have control issues, I tend toward perfectionism, and can worry a lot if left unattended. But it's different somehow in this new energy place I find myself. I still feel some of the old "stuff," but now it's endearing, a part of all that makes me me, and I don't want to change anything anymore, even if it would make things easier. I think in the accepting of all of my parts that it becomes possible TO make changes. What would I change? Not a single thing today - the sun is shining, I'm wearing my black Converse sneakers and feeling bouncy. Bill and I are leaving on our adventure tomorrow, and everybody's alive and healthy. And even if someone dies, it will still be okay. More than okay, I'm quite certain my life will still be perfectly beautiful.

No comments: