Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Friday, August 31, 2007

Day 42 - Senior Olympics and 3 more symptoms

Dad's started running, and I'm very impressed. He started with only 50 steps, but is now up to 50 steps 5 or 6 series on his usual mile walk. I heard about the Senior Olympics (they just recently cut out javelin after a long jumper got stabbed, I think), so I'm going to research it and get the news to Dad. I think he should start training. At 84, there he goes. I can hardly think of a better inspiration for my life (except for Mom). He taught himself how to program computers, took up classical guitar, violin, piano, painting, airplane building and flying. He was the one that got me to get an iPod, after he showed me how easy it was. So, what events should Dad enter? Definitely the 50 yard dash (I wonder if they call it a "dash" at the Senior Olympics? Maybe the 50 yard "quick walk"), maybe shot put (he threw all through college), maybe the 100 yard dash. I'll check it out. Just imagine - anything's possible, in this quirky life, you just have to want it badly enough, and believe you can do it. Yay, Dad - you are my hero.

I woke up early this morning with that burning heartburn, but now I know better. I have talked with 4 people this last week that have the same symptom, and this is what I think it is. I call it the energy twist, and though I haven't heard or read of it anywhere else, I've seen it in my clients and in myself for the past year, and it keeps getting more intense. The energy comes in through the top of the head, twists at the temples, crosses at the throat, twists at the shoulders, crosses at the sternum, twists at the hips, crosses at the lower abdomen, twists at the knees, across the shins, then twists at the ankles. The result is a twisted body. Here's why I think people are experiencing the heartburn. When the energy twist starts (it goes in cycles), the diaphragm freezes up, leaving no give for the small intestines, which then herniate into against the esophagus, causing the stomach acid to back up - ouch. The result? Lump in the throat, can't eat, burning, nauseous. There you go. The 3 new symptoms? Itching ALL OVER - seriously. Dry eyes. And the heartburn/hiatal hernia phenomenon. So my current list is up to 60, and I'm sure it will continue to grow.

No comments: