Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Monday, November 19, 2007

lessons

We needed a new floor - the carpet we put in on the stairs was ruined a few months after it was installed (6 years ago). I wanted bamboo - green, and all that. One disaster after another, and one month later it turns out we're going to have to rip the whole thing out and start over. And we can't salvage the bamboo as it was glued down. This makes my heart sick - it's ironic, don't you think? The reason we went with bamboo was so we could be ecologically-minded, and now we're going to waste a whole heap of it because the installer did a horrible job (don't get me started). I know it needs to be done - there are gaps and splinters and nails sticking up at all angles and smudges that won't come off, but still, it has me wondering - what's the lesson in all of this?

Steve thinks I'm just ahead of the curve, and maybe people don't know enough about bamboo to install it properly. North Dakota isn't THAT behind, is it? I don't think so. I remained kind throughout it all, understanding, I never yelled or called anybody a name, I was patient, so it isn't my fabulous ongoing lesson of patience. Do you think that everything that comes into our lives has a lesson for us? I read somewhere that during these times right now, we're learning at an accelerated rate through our adversities - man, I'm on the fast track for sainthood at the rate adversities are appearing in my life. And right now, I'm really okay with it ALL - if I step back and look at the worst things that can happen, I can still live with everything - it's just money, it's just my time, it's just a hassle. But what if I'm supposed to be helping those OTHER people learn their lesson? Like how it's possible to mess up and NOT be yelled at, or how it's really NOT okay to lie to others, and sometimes you will be held accountable for your actions. Okay, so maybe that's it. Maybe it's fine not to wonder about the lessons and just handle things as they come up.

I'm being encouraged to just sit back and be patient, waiting for the next phase of my life to develop. There's something big just around the corner, just wait... and wait and wait and wait. Okay, so patience isn't my long suit, but c'mon, folks - it's been a really long time of just waiting for this new stuff, hasn't it? All the talk of evolution and ascension and enlightenment, and we're here, sure, maybe, but there's still a hold up for most of us, and then I think, who said how it's supposed to go? Who said there was a timeline for anything? Do I really believe that everything unfolds in Divine Order, or am I just a hypocrite who knows the right things to say, but not necessarily how they pertain to me? I don't know, I don't know, I just don't know, but today my thumb feels better (still a little hot and swollen), and I'm actually getting some work done, so maybe it's okay just to release my own expectations for the time being, suspend them until after the holidays. After all, what's the rush? We have all the time in the Universe, don't we?

No comments: