Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Friday, November 2, 2007

a shot in the arm

The Divine Miss M - Melissa, one of my best friends in the whole world. We started out almost 3 years ago, introduced through a joint friend, Charmaine. We instantly started joking around in this raucous, off-color kind of way that some people don't know I can do (can spiritual people be raucous? Heck yes). I thought she was great. But it wasn't until a year ago in November, during a monthly Reiki gathering, that she put her hands on my heart, and I knew that she knew what I was going through, and I started crying. "Oh honey," she said, and I cried harder.

There started our journey together as soul sisters, for I know we've been sisters in another life, as well as soul sisters and supporters of each other in this life. She selflessly did energy work on me every week for the next 3 months, almost, giving me glimpses into the bigger picture of what was going on in my life, and where I was in this process of ascension and enlightenment. At the tail end, I remember she said I was nearing the summit, barely hanging on, but by jove, I was hanging on, and nothing would stop me. Melissa kept me going until I'd reached that summit, that place that was incredibly hard and difficult to ascend to.

So we continue to swap energy work, and yesterday was our day. It started out normally enough, with me giving her information about her stomach, and what was going on, blah blah, then I instinctively moved to her left elbow and put my left index finger on the inside bend of her elbow. She said at that moment she saw a needle in her head (ugh - I'm thinking, a needle?), then put my right index finger BEHIND her elbow, and held it.

"DON'T MOVE," she commanded, and believe me, when we hear those words, we DON'T MOVE (I've said that to Melissa when her finger was on my third eye and it prompted an unbelievable vision one time). So I didn't move. The energy started at her feet, she said, then swirled up her left side and jumped over to her right side. It felt very hot, she said, and she almost started slurring her words. At the very least, her speech slowed down (and if you know Melissa, that is quite a feat), and she found it hard to say anything. She said she felt lifted out of her body, and was looking down, she said she was in another place and there were men in white robes standing around (that was part of my vision I'd had when SHE was touching my third eye), and they were talking. Our Guys, our Teachers, our Helpers - hanging out, and she was there. She didn't want to leave, but the energy was very intense as it was coursing through my body to open her up, so I asked her to tell me when she'd had enough.


"Keep it going," she said, very studly-like, so I kept going until we could both feel the energy softening to a drip-drip-drip. It was heavy all around her, so I did some extensive above-body energy clearing until she felt more integrated, light, and more cooled down from the hot energy of those high frequencies.

"She will never be sick again," I heard, so I relayed it to Melissa.

Huh? Never be sick again - now, THAT'S pretty heavy, but cool, at the same time.

This was a definite gift - she heard it and so did I. And we give each other these gifts all the time. A back and forth, I'm here for you, babes, you're not alone - don't get scared - everything is all right. And we need that right now, everyone does, I think, friends and loved ones who are RIGHT HERE - who are our cheerleaders, our shoulders to cry on, our confidantes (Melissa gave me permission to blog this experience), our safety nets, our "aloe vera plants" as Melissa says (soothing and healing). We all need a shot in the arm sometimes, and not only did Melissa get hers yesterday, but I did, too. We do not operate in a vacuum - our lives affect others, our thoughts and behaviors all affect others - we are all connected.

And for MY part, I am SO eternally blessed and grateful to have my own Missy Pooh in my life - I got your back, Missy, and you definitely have mine. Thank you.

No comments: