Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Saturday, May 24, 2008

No "Sex" on Friday?

Say it isn't so! I looked online, and can't find the movie information for the premiere of "Sex and the City" for Fargo. Could it be possible that we aren't getting it? What kind of people ARE we, if we don't carry the premiere of "Sex" but DO carry the premiere of Indiana Jones? People people people... it almost makes me want to move somewhere else, somewhere that supports women's drives for shopping and fellowship, the desire to talk about their feelings openly and discuss things most others wouldn't dare. Sigh. It's a mystery, and one that I'll keep investigating because I don't want to give up our goddess ladies night out this Friday - I NEED this, doggone it.

My back is a little better, but gets stiff if I sit for too long. Dr. Deb says walking aggravates it, but it seems to make it feel better. When I'm walking I can actually stand upright. Speaking of standing upright, I watched "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" last night. I'd read the book several years ago, and was excited when I heard they'd made it into a movie. Oh my. That's all I can say. I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to only be able to move your left eyelid. To have your brain and memory intact, but not be able to talk, or swallow, or eat, or hug anyone, or walk, or... fill in the blank. There are a lot of blanks to fill in. My recommendation is to read the book first, then watch the movie. I love Netflix! As many movies as you want, and NO late fees (but THANK YOU Take 2 Video for wiping out my $50 in late fees!).

I've already made the couscous salad with tons of veggies (do you hate people who use the term "veggies?"), and am going downstairs to cut up the rest for the roasted vegetables I'm making to go with the grilled lamb chops (we had them last night, but Bill loved them so much, we're having them again tonight - too much of a good thing is delicious). Roasted vegetables? They're easy. Set the oven to 425, cut up as many kinds of vegetables at you want, spread them out on a lipped cookie sheet, spread olive oil over them, then sprinkle with salt and pepper (I also use dried up thyme). Mix them all up so the vegetables get covered with the oil, then bake them for 40 minutes, stirring them so they won't get burned. Some WILL get burned around the edges, no matter what you do, but for the most part, they'll come out fragrant, soft, and oh so yummy. I use the leftovers the next day for kick butt burritos. Do I sound hungry? Hmmm, I guess I am. Until tomorrow, happy dreams (nobody I know is sleeping much these days - how about you?).

No comments: