Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sex and the City



It's almost here - Friday, May 30th (but who's counting?). I'm planning a dinner and premiere party, if I can find the time. I love S and the C - first got hooked when we were in Boston before Kari's sophomore year of high school. The hotel we stayed in showed it every night at 10PM. I used to think it was STUPID (before I'd actually seen it) - beneath me, inferior, silly and shallow. And it IS, and I love it!!! It is the exact polar opposite of anything in my life, from the obsessing about what you're going to wear for 2 hours, to buying $40,000 worth of shoes (okay, I can understand that, but not emulate that), to having sex with complete strangers (why do all men love Samantha so much? I guess I just answered my own question).

I need something to look forward to - something shallow, and girly, and silly, and totally frivolous. In these days of intensity and change and transformation and caretaking and driving, I feel tired, shelled out, need sleep. So what to do? Find something to look forward to, something to rejoice about, then put your energy into it. Life IS fabulous, you just need to find the fabulousity (is that even a word? Well, it is now), and then go for it. So that's what I'm doing - going for it. With Samantha, Carrie, Charlotte and Miranda - my sisters, my friends. Now to gather the goddesses and celebrate Manolo Blahniks and Cosmopolitans together. Aw - my heart is happy just thinking about it all.

No comments: