Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Saturday, August 23, 2008

At the Lakes


My sweet fam out on the boat

Ahh - aren't we sweet??

Me on the water - love that hat!

Erik found a 4 leaf clover! How lucky!!

At the Logging Camp

What a week! Hardly any internet access, NO phone access (unless I stood on the rail of the back deck and lifted the phone up high - very precarious!). We went to Park Rapids, Walker and Dorset - we went to the logging camp, Campanero's, 3rd Street Market, Brigid's House (they've got more magnetic peace signs for your car - I bought three - my other two got stolen!!), Reed's Sporting Good's Store, the Velvet Antler. We walked most of the way around Two Inlets Lake, saw two wild turkeys, a turtle, lots of fish (but couldn't seem to actually get them INTO the boat), and met a whole swarm of great folks. We played volleyball, soccer, made s'mores, played badminton and horseshoes, Moose farkel and Pass the Pigs. I finished my book (I won't even tell you the name - it wasn't that good), made goopy rolls, sour cream banana bars and gourmet two-layer brownies with white chocolate icing. I slept - a LOT - I listened to the wind through the tree, I cried, I breathed, I celebrated my first birthday without my mom, and wondered how I could possibly get through any more minutes without her here with me. We had lunch with Peggy and Roy at Zorbaz, then headed home. I think I've only been here for maybe 6 days since the end of May. I'm tired of running, tired of avoiding the inevitable. I wholeheartedly succumb to my life (right after we get back from Bismarck on Wednesday) - I promise.

But the lakes? Ahhhhhhh - heaven in the pines. Thank you Jennifer and Bob for a fantastic week - Two Inlets Resort ROCKS!!

No comments: