Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Thursday, July 3, 2008

good-bye, sweet mommy

At 12:40PM this afternoon, I had the gentle honor of stroking Mom's head while she breathed her last breath and started on her next grand adventure. It was surprisingly beautiful and sweet and gentle, and I'm so glad I was there with her. I know she knew I was there, even if she couldn't speak. What an honor. What a woman. She will be so sorely missed by all.

Her funeral is Tuesday here in Bismarck, at 2PM at our family church. I feel tired, like today has been a month, but my family is around me, and we are here with Dad for the weekend. Everyone else is taking a nice break at the lakes, but me? I want to be quiet, and be here, with Dad.

Good-bye, sweet mommy - happy trails to you, until we meet again.

No comments: