Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Thursday, July 31, 2008

more tears?

Frog is number 38 in the Medicine Card Book, and it says this about him:

"Frog teaches us to honor our tears, for they cleanse the soul. If you were to look at where you are today, would you use any of the following words to describe your condition: tired, overloaded, harried, frustrated, guilty, itchy, nervous, at a loss, empty, or weakened? I so, take a break and allow yourself to bathe in the waters of Frog medicine. This could mean a long, relaxing bath, disconnecting the phone, yelling 'stop,' or taking in deep, cleansing breaths. The key thought is to find a way to rid yourself of distractions and to replace the mud with clear energy. Then replenish your parched spirit, body, and mind. Call to Frog and find peace in the joy of taking time to give to yourself. A part of this giving is cleansing yourself of any person, place, or thing that does not contribute to your new state of serenity and replenishment.

At times, all of life's activities can be overwhelming, and everyone occasionally needs a break. Contrary Frog can signal one of these moments, but can also portend a time of feeling waterlogged. In feeling waterlogged, you may be dealing with too many emotions or feelings. This is to say that 'the world is too much with you,' or that you have immersed yourself in one idea or activity to the exclusion of all other facets of your life. If this is the case, a break from routine is suggested. Hop to other lily pads or visit other ponds for a while."

Well, I guess that says it all. Let's see, tears? Yup - got those. Tired, overloaded, at a loss, empty, weakened? Yup - got those. Taking care of myself? Uh - not so much that. Cleansing myself of people that don't contribute to my serenity? Working on that one, but it's tough. Overwhelmed and waterlogged? Need a break? Too many emotions or feelings? Immersed myself in one idea? Guilty as charged. So there you go, Mom - I got it - you sending Frog to hop and rustle against my reflection so I can get some help right now. I'm trying to take care of Dad, and of my sisters, of my kids and Steve, then I stop a moment and look at myself and think, 'what have I done to take care of myself, what have I done to work with this grieving process?' and I realize the answer is ... not much. So that stops today. I'm taking some time each morning for Mom Time, so just sit and be with her, and her energy, and her memories, and see what comes up. I'm going to honor her, and our time together, and our time to come, and just see what happens. I'm going to stop running so fast, and see what happens when I stand still for a while. I admit - I'm a little nervous - I like movement - fast movement usually - but I'm willing to do this, in the spirit of being open and always looking for expansion and suppleness in my life. Wish me luck!

No comments: