Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Happy 2008


We're almost ready to send out our holiday cards - here's the picture we're using. Haney's does an unbelievable job, making everybody look SO GOOD. We're enjoying the clear blue sky, even if it's like 15 below - sometimes, just sometimes, I ask myself why we still live here (National Geographic article notwithstanding), then I remember - I love Fargo, I love North Dakota.

What I Love About North Dakota (and Fargo):
1. The HUGE open sky
2. Not very bad traffic (although pretty bad drivers)
3. The beautiful fields
4. The Fargo Theater
5. The terrain west of Bismarck
6. That we have a city named "Hill" (come to think of it, I'm assuming it's a city - maybe they're just pointing out that we actually have one hill in North Dakota?)
7. The eclectic nature of Fargo - anyone see that nun standing next to that young guy with 100 piercings?
8. We care - and we'll fight for what we believe in
9. We're loyal - hey, if you don't live in North Dakota, you probably won't get it, okay?
10. Everybody's either related, used to be married to each other, or went to school with someone else - just ask someone from North Dakota if they know ________ - I guarantee you they'll know them, or someone who knows them - seriously
11. Just about everything

So there you have it. I'm off to address 132 letters to delegates and District heads for Steve's PSC campaign - the letterhead is beautifully perfect (thanks, Sheyna - you're a genius), and we're off to the races (so to speak). I just love politics - knowing that you can make a difference - it makes me feel all excited inside.

No comments: