Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Saturday, January 12, 2008

news and miracles

The press release went out yesterday. I've taken these past two weeks to work on Dad's book, and the last week to help Steve. I had no idea there was so much work to getting these first steps done. We've pulled together an amazing team to help us, and it warms me to see how many people are excited about Steve going for the PSC office. Sheyna made an AMAZING logo for us, with a windmill and "wind" blowing across the "Risher" - just perfect for what he believes in - alternative energy resources and freshness for the state. I've been praying for help - "just help us" is my daily prayer. So the first "miracle" was finding the perfect pen for promotion. I know, it may seem like a tiny thing, but let me explain.

Bill and I had lunch at the Plains, to hug Andrea and wish her best wishes in her new culinary endeavors, and we saw these great blue pens with silver sparkles in them. The Plains Art Museum uses them for their promotion. I asked them where they got them. They didn't know - they'd had them over 4 years. Now, what are the odds that I could go on-line and find those EXACT pens? Well, it took me about 30 seconds to track them down - Galaxy Pens, they are, so I say a HUGE thank you to the Universe for your Help. Also, we heard yesterday that there was a news story in which some of the Republicans were encouraging Stenhjem NOT to run because he's the Majority Speaker, and the Democrats could come in then, and, well, it's all politics, isn't it? If that's true, that would give Stevie a little more fighting chance.

Speaking of Republicans and Democrats, I had a few surprised friends - "you guys are Republicans? Surely YOU'RE a Democrat, Susie." I don't know what that last statement means, but I've heard it quite a lot in the last 20 years, and most of my friends are Democrats (or Libertarians, or Green Party), but my logic is this: we need ALL voices represented in ALL parties, don't we? Otherwise we can get too polarized and rigid, so I like the idea that we can be inspirational, visionary, FOR the citizens AND Republican. Why are there the strict lines, anyway? Or ARE there any lines? I don't know - I like to think that we're free to do what we want to do, and express ourselves however we feel best fits our needs. And besides, I've got smart Republican friends, and smart Democrat friends. I don't care what you are, or what you CALL yourself - if we can talk and respect each other, and hear what each other is saying, that's the most important thing.

So we keep seeing miracles all around us, and keep being thankful, and keep asking for help from friends and families - just spread the word, I think, as we still need to get the Republican endorsement first. It's exciting, it's fun, it's invigorating to think that Steve will make a difference in this state, because I love North Dakota, and her people, and we stay because we believe in it. And that's all I've got to say about THAT.

No comments: