Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

a hill of junk

Okay, just my junk, other people's treasures, but it's grown to literally the size of a small mountain. I can't stop decluttering - this morning, after an all-night marathon of "Scrubs," I got up at 6AM and cleaned Bill's room top to bottom - poor kid woke up to the vacuum in his ear around 8. Worked my way into the spare bedroom and dragged all of his stuffed animals out. We found the ones we could give away, but he teared up as he held them all to say good-bye, so I think we'll wait until he's at school to walk them out the door.

What is this decluttering madness? I can't say for sure, but I think it has to do with the new energy place I'm in. It's a place that doesn't have any room for unwanted stuff, and boy, do we have unwanted stuff. The utility room got it last week - 4 garbage sacks hauled out to the curb, with a baby mountain of giveaway stuff from that room. Is it any wonder "Clean Sweep" is one of my favorite shows?

It all started when I got back from Mom and Dad's. I help them get organized, and the momentum seems to carry over into my own house (our house needs it, let me tell you). So I know the key is not to replace anything with new valuable "stuff." That's plain silly, but I don't think we're doing that. We're getting ready for something, something big is coming, and even if we don't know quite WHAT, we do know that it IS coming, and that's enough to get us all mobilized, organized, and ready for anything. Besides, it just plain feels great to have all your DVD's in one place, all your books together, your old toys given to kids who need them. So I'm spending the next week clearing everything out of the house, oh, and seeing clients, but this is my main push, and lord knows I go with my intuition.

I love goals, I love plans, I love accomplishing goals, and I love how our house is beginning to feel - more open, like it's saying a big "ahhhhhhhhhh." Happy 2008, everyone, it's starting out with a bang.

No comments: