Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

IT'S OFFICIAL

Steve sent his papers off to Al Jaeger's office yesterday, and his press release is going out later today. Let me explain: Steve was a Cass County Commissioner a while back and really loved it. He ran for office because he said if you don't like the way something is done, then do something about it. For him that meant becoming an active part of change and he'd been feeling that pull again for the past two years, but didn't know what office he felt passionate about. The answer came about 6 months ago. We sat down and I said, "If you could do ANYTHING in the whole world, no limits, what would you do?"

"Be the Public Service Commissioner," he answered. "That's where I can do the most good right now."

Why? I asked. Because PSC sets rates for cell phones, and sets regulations about pipelines and alternative energy, and I hope I'm getting everything accurate, because when he mentioned alternative energy I perked up - wind energy, solar, water - my current passions. I could help, too. But there were no positions open, until a couple weeks ago when Susan Wefald announced she wouldn't be running again. A miracle? That's what I'm thinking. So we're getting our act together, gathering our help, our committee's forming, and he's got an inspired, fresh game plan.

I'm so proud of him- he's the most dedicated, hardworking person I know - when he has a vision, he gives it his all. So I continue with Dad's book project AND join my husband's campaign for freshness and vision. Are we excited? Heck yes. He's getting a website (I already put together a blog for him) - boy, there's a lot of work involved, but it's blown newness throughout our whole house - faith in tomorrow, belief in making a difference. Watch for those t-shirts around the state - maybe a cute bumper sticker or flashy pen? Can you tell I'm in charge of that stuff? Cute is key - hah. So here's to tomorrow, here's to caring enough to get in the game, here's to new things coming into our lives.

P.S. A special request for love and hugs to Pam and Larry Sabby upon hearing the news of the passing of Larry's sweet dad. I love you both.

No comments: