Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Saturday, June 16, 2007

a dream come true...

We left Friday afternoon for the Cities, after doing 4 1/2 hours of straight psychic readings for a group of sisters that came from all over. I wasn't as tired as I thought I'd be - invigorated, almost, but luckily sweet Steve agreed to drive the whole way down there. We picked Kari up and headed north to Cambridge early this morning, not knowing where we were going, but relying on our navigation system on our hybrid Highlander, otherwise known as Sir Lambert (said with an English accent), named in honor of Christopher Lambert, actor who played the Highlander in the movie series. We found the pickup place without any problem, and I admittedly wiped a tear away as I got out to look her over. A 15 year old dream come true, as Steve reminded me of all the times I made him stop at RV stores along our trip routes, just to look at them. We met the nice seller, signed the papers, and headed down the road.

Bill was sitting in the back. "Pew," he said, "it smells like rotten eggs." Then we smelled it. Yikes. We pulled over to a campground and called the seller. "It might be a propane leak," he said. Yikes. But I didn't sense there was anything majorly wrong. He drove out to look it all over, finally figuring out that the previous owner had forgotten to drain the sewage out - ewwwwwww. We figured it had probably sat there for almost a year (a year?), so without any other options, we threw in some deodorizing powder, threw some more water in, opened the windows, and continued down the road. What's the moral of the story? I have no idea, but while I'm typing I can look out my window at my beautiful new/old Rialta sitting in the driveway. We named her "Gitane," which Steve says means "gypsy" in French. I'll have to look it up to make sure. I'd had to learn later that it means "you are a stinky pig" or something like that.

So dreams DO come true, as we slide into Father's Day tomorrow, planning our special breakfast for Steve, complete with goopy rolls and scrambled eggs. I'll call my own dad and talk to him, and be sure to tell him how much I love him, but more on that tomorrow...

No comments: