Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Monday, June 11, 2007

UNBELIEVABLE

It was hot today; Bill didn't want to go to the Trout Fest, but I wanted to get out of the house. Steve came home from work. "Bill doesn't want to go," I said. We talked to him and told him there would be free t-shirts and pizza. He said he'd go, but reminded us that he didn't win a trophy last year, and that he really wanted to win one this year.

"Okay," I said. "I want you to close your eyes and imagine that you're fishing. Now see a giant trout, about 12 inches long, grabbing the worm on your line. Now imagine that you're reeling him in. Now see them measuring him. Now see yourself smiling as they tell you that you've won. Now see yourself accepting your trophy."

Steve and Bill just looked at me, yah know, like "she's crazy." We arrived at the pond and started fishing. Nothing. Nothing. More nothing. Others had caught a few fish - some trout, some catfish. But not us. There were only 10 minutes left. "Imagine a huge trout grabbing your line," I reminded Bill. "See it." 5 minutes left to go. Bill looked a little sad - no fish again. Then the bobber went down, really down. Bill jumped up. Steve jumped up. "We've got a fish," they yelled. The helpers ran over to well, help us. Bill reeled in the line, and out jumped the BIGGEST rainbow trout I'd ever seen. They measured him - 14 inches - the biggest ever caught in that pond. And yup, yup, yup - Bill went on to win the tournament, and smiled as he accepted his trophy.

I can't help smiling. I mean, really smiling, even as I sit here typing this. I know it may not seem like a big deal - maybe just a BIG coincidence, but I believe. I really do. I believe that we called that outcome into our lives by thinking it into reality. I still fight a little against this - it just doesn't seem to make much "logical" sense - could it REALLY be possible to create our futures just by visualizing them? Well, it's worked twice in 24 hours - perfectly perfect. So I keep experimenting and testing and trying it all out. Heck, if it works with campers and trout, what ELSE can it work for? World peace? Universal love and harmony? I'm going for the BIG fish next time. I'll let you know how it works. Man, this is COOL STUFF. In the meantime, I continue to concentrate on what I want, in terms of love and abundance (not in the usual physical terms of money, but the broader feeling of expansiveness), of what will bring joy to others AND myself, and I think, "this is magic. Pure magic." And it is. It really is.

No comments: