Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Monday, June 4, 2007

No coincidences ...

I typed yesterday's post, and it didn't go through, so I guess I wasn't supposed to post it - no coincidences. I don't worry too much about things that don't work the way I "think" they should. There's just too much going on these days to try to figure it all out. My head hurts when I try to. But it would be nice if this sweet little brain fog from the past month would clear. I worry about it at stoplights - "Now does GREEN mean GO, or STOP?" I'm not even kidding. I have to slow down and concentrate at almost every light (but don't worry if you see me driving around town - I totally look like a normal driver).

My ears don't feel full today, don't feel like popping, and I think it's interesting that if I read the symptoms of Meniere's Syndrome AND TMJ, they're both the same, so I guess I'll take the middle road and say that I'm perfectly healthy. It just doesn't seem like there's anything that's diagnosable in most all people these days, as long as we're living clean lifestyles (organic as much as possible, clean water, as much natural food as possible, nothing artificial, on and on). But I still get checked out if I'm worried, which is important, but I don't run in for every little thing - I'd go broke. I suppose the medical community is counting on us continuing to rely on Western medicine, but I think we're way beyond that. We're entering a place of wholeness, I believe, where we need to employ a variety of strategies that makes sense to US, not necessarily to anyone else, to help keep our lives in beautiful order. For me, it includes regular walking, stretching and yoga, drinking milk thistle and dandelion root tea (although we could just walk outside and get our fill of dandelions), drinking at least 3-4 liters of water every day, getting at least 8 hours of sleep a night, playing as often as possible with friends and family, taking a teensy amount of supplements (fish oil, coq10, natural hormones, and adrenal support).

I just started reading "Deeksha", a book friend Pam gave me after I told her that I'd read about the theory of Deeksha in a spiritual magazine. Deeksha is the process by which enlightenment is "bestowed" upon someone, usually by passing through someone's hands to the person's head. It is a powerful energy that affects the parietal region of the skull that deals with unity consciousness. The interesting thing about that initial article I read is that I'd been feeling these intense shifts in my frontal and parietal region of my head, which is what's affected by this energy, so I'm figuring that I'm (and a lot of people I talk with) are going through this same process of "enlightenment", only without someone actually bestowing it on us. What I found interesting in the FIRST paragraph of this book are the following words:

"As the physical body begins to integrate these new energies, some people report headaches, aches and pains in the body, heart palpitations, feelings of disorientation, dizziness, nausea, changes in sleep and eating patterns, hot and cold flashes, flulike symptoms, and so on."

Oh my goodness - EXACTLY what I've been experiencing intensely for the past year of transformation. So ... there ARE no coincidences as I continue on this fascinating path of uncovering Who I Am. By just letting the Divine Blueprint come forward, I make for the least resistance. I'm tired of pushing the river, I'm tired of thinking I know what's best all the time. I obviously DON'T. What am I in control of? Not much, from where I'm sitting. So when I think of something I'd like (my sons to be happy), I hold that image in my head of what that would look like, and call THAT future into being. I know it's a good thought, and will unfold in its time, no thanks to my pushings and forcings. It's all good, it really is. And I know that. I just forget sometimes. Maybe it's that feeling of disorientation the book is talking about.

So until next time, we watch the Red rise, and hope it doesn't flood, because too much of anything can destroy, but just enough of anything is ... just right.

No comments: