Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Monday, September 15, 2008

it makes my heart happy

what with all the hullabaloo over Sarah Palin - did you catch SNL on Saturday night? If not, here's the link to the Sarah Palin/Hillary Clinton speech. Oh, it makes me laugh, watching it again today. Here it is:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/13/tina-fey-as-sarah-palin-o_n_126249.html

To be able to take all of these painful and intense times, and turn them into something we can all relate to and laugh about (hopefully Sarah and Hillary can laugh a little at the skit), well, that's one of the great things about being a human. I don't personally agree with everything Sarah stands for (actually, I don't agree with everything ANYONE else stands for - that's why we're all individuals), but I think it's interesting that a few people have said I remind them of Sarah Palin. WHAT? I say. How, exactly? So that interests me a little, okay, a lot. What, what? Well, in how you talk to people, personal, homey, approachable. Oh, that and the fact that Sarah was called Sarah Barracuda while playing basketball. I once knocked a girl out cold while playing basketball - they had to carry her off the court. Am I ashamed of that? Uh, not really - it's kind of studly in that masculine energy sort of way. I'm thinking I could use some more of that kind of energy these days to overcome that soft, scared kind of energy that's seeped into my life.

So life is good today - I go to the endodontist on Wednesday to do a little root canal reworking. I'll be sure to bring along my iPod and find some really cranking tunes to zone out to. Conquer your fears, I say - walk straight into them and don't let them grab you by the throat and squeeze your life's energy right out. Just do it - the Nike creed of living life straight and direct and powerfully. What else am I afraid of? Can I face that? Uhm, I'll have to think about that. Right now it's enough to still be in my jammies at 10:55 and thinking about Tina Fey and how much I'm beginning to admire her.

P.S. It's now 5:59PM, and I effectively stayed in my jammies all day. But for the record, I did not knock the above-mentioned girl out on PURPOSE - the top of her head accidentally came in contact with my elbow while going up for a rebound. Okay, she WAS the one that threw Steph into the bleachers, but I REALLY didn't mean to hurt her. Call it karma.

No comments: