Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Thursday, September 4, 2008

yay!

It was a great day. I got to have lunch with the Con-Meister (shrimp flatbread and chicken and pear salad at Dolittles? Heaven), then got to see a great client (I love my work), then play with Bill. Then I burned my knuckle roasting the farmer's market vegetables, then cut that same finger when a glass broke. I felt my anger rising, then took a deep breath and just ... let it go. It's all right. I went to see Vidya tonight in her premiere meditation at the Spirit Room. I couldn't even get all the way up the stairs - there were over 50 people there! I was shocked. Dawn Morgan had to lock the door because there simply wasn't any more room. How great for Fargo - how exciting and energizing. I am just totally pumped for the possibilities. I LOVE US! I'll be doing the advanced meditations starting a week from Saturday, and will go on to get my individual mantra, but all the while? This is just what I need right now - Vidya is amazing - calm and so patient with everyone, funny and really smart. The perfect teacher, in my books. It feels good to have a teacher again - it's been over 6 years, and that work taught me a lot of things, but not really too much of the positive stuff, more along the lines of learning what I really don't want to do or be like. But it's all good, right? We learn things through all sorts of ways, and this is my gentle, easy, great way. I'm happy.

I need to go cuddle Bill, who's downstairs watching cartoons, while Steve's upstairs watching the Convention. Sometimes I wonder what the difference between politics and cartoons is. I'm just teasing, but you know what I mean, don't you? It's sort of like a game, a show, an entertaining kind of club and pep rally kind of feeling. That's not all bad - I just have to keep remembering what I think is real. And sometimes that gets hard. But not right now - right now I feel solid and happy and really really good.

No comments: