Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I wish I took over-the-counters


The Neti pot is fabulous for sinus infections - try it!

Last night was my third almost sleepless night, with my nose totally blocked up. I did the Neti pot three times, but it didn't help. Well, it DID help, but I've gone through two boxes of Kleenex, so it's an uphill battle. I drank about 2 gallons of liquids, took some Osci and silver biotics, ate 3 1/2 oranges, tried to rest. It started on Friday, this runny nose. I never get sick - seriously, not in the past 2 years. Billy had it, too, Steve a little. Now Steve feels great, Bill's nose is better, but I've been hit by a Mack truck - my body aches, my voice is a pony (a little hoarse), and my head feels like it's not attached to my head, or that there's too much of a head for my body. I know it's a major detox, but seriously, my body's got until Friday to get over it, when we leave for Kari's graduation. I threw my hands up yesterday and said I give up, then... nothing. Well, what COULD happen? You keep going on, but this is getting tiring, all of the intensity, the detoxing, the transforming, the purifying. I'd like a little break, okay?

Steve asked if I'd taken an aspirin, after I woke him up with my moaning, holding my head and rocking back and forth. "Hah," I answered, probably not very sweetly. It was 3AM. But I thought about it, I really did, for about 2 seconds, then I went downstairs, brewed some more peppermint tea, and swallowed more Bioplasma. Sigh. So it's home for me for the next few days - e-mail if you get lonely, I'll be here.

No comments: