Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Sunday, April 20, 2008

oh my...

If you're not doing anything one of these weekends, do yourself a HUGE favor and get tickets to "A Midsummer Night's Dream" playing at the Guthrie through the middle of June. It was THEE funniest, best play I've seen in a LONG time. They modernized it a bit, adding music and dance (LOUD music and raucous dance). Billy loved it all, until the fake death scene at the end, where I covered his eyes, laughing all the time.

Hard to believe we were only gone a little over 24 hours, fitting in lunch at the Good Earth and shopping at the Galleria, dinner at Noodles, the play, and breakfast and a stop at the Albertville outlet mall. We're all exhausted, at 8:09PM, and ready for bed. I'm taking the day off tomorrow to get bids on redoing our bathrooms. Do I have a fun life, or what? (probably "what") Coming home to the beautiful warm sunny day, I'm still feeling the restlessness, but the three of us laughed so hard we couldn't stop sometimes. Especially when we saw a plant, and I wondered if it was real. Steve said, "Yeah, it's real - the bottom leaf is dead." Bill turned to his dad - "YOUR bottom leaf is dead." I couldn't stop laughing - I shouldn't have caught Kari's eye, because she had to turn away she was laughing so hard.

Oh sweetie, your bottom leaf is SO not dead. Seriously... What a great time, what great memories. This is what it's all about, isn't it? The real stuff. The rest? It's just fluff. Give me my family and my friends, the laughs and more laughs - I don't need anything else.

No comments: