Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Monday, October 27, 2008

B. Lava

Okay, I love you all, but I don't know if this video is appropriate, but it really warms my heart. It's a Bollywood-type music video that somebody listened to phonetically and wrote alternative English lyrics. It's hilarious, but there ARE some inappropriate lyrics - I won't lie. But I must admit, I love quirky things and quirky people and quirky experiences. Always skewed, I am, I think. Kari helped me understand myself (and her) when she realized that we both love syncopated music - Ani diFranco, Styx, Sting, Dave Matthews. Still keeping the rhythm of the music, but always on the off-beat, not ON the beat. That's us, then, to be sure - offbeat, but still keeping time.

Our house smells fragrantly of boardinghouse meatloaf with shallot gravy and roasted potatoes. I admit - I love to cook; it calms me down and brings me great joy (if I say I love to iron, THEN you can worry). I'm really happy today, with the sun shining warm and beautiful. I met with Beth and saw the new library. My gosh, it's just amazing - I can hardly wait until it's done in 6 months. I'm hoping my business proposal with her pans out in some way - it just feels really right, although my client list is growing longer by the day. Writing, promoting, readings, oh my. But it's okay - I just keep going with the flow, trusting in where it will lead me, not worried about much of anything.

How are YOU feeling? I'm still a little tired, but mostly just happy and slow (if that makes sense). I look at my calendar and like the way it's shaping up - fun stuff, work stuff, friend stuff, and everything in between. Not too much of anything, but a great deal of YES. So it's Benny Lava and Green Leaves (don't ask - Korean men in diapers and green leaves pasted to the front) and some funky Indian guy doing some funky mudra stuff with his hands while he rocks out. Where do the kids find these You Tube videos? I don't have that much free time, but I'm glad they do - it makes me happy, that quirky stuff.

No comments: