Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Sunday, October 26, 2008

finding meaning

Making eggrolls and fried rice (and sweet and sour sauce) - double batches
Baking the perfect double batch of chocolatey chippy cookies (light tan with slight crisp around the edges)
Passing out crayons for the kids at Sunday School
Consoling Bill when he feels picked on
Trying not to get too sad when I see the snow and see the wind flying
Cuddling Pooncie, even if she doesn't really remember me
Working on my LAST prerequisite nutrition course before I start on the Master's Program

Okay, I'm struggling here, folks - is it the approaching long winter that's got me feeling so slow? I can't tell you, but I'm not depressed, just moving slower, feeling more tired. My eyelids are half lidded again. I was up several times last night - a mildly upsetting e-mail put my brain in fast motion (not a new thing, believe me). How do we keep moving through our days? I think if I could look down on my life's path, it would look like a crazy emu dance, jumping and twirling and sliding and running, sometimes just lying there, motionless. All interesting. So on it goes, on this cloudy, windy windy day - I wonder what energy is being washed clean by the wind? I wonder what will get kicked up? I wonder what tomorrow will bring? Whatever, right? Right.

No comments: