Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Friday, October 10, 2008

heading to the Cities

to see dear Roo and her beautiful new apartment. I'm excited, especially since the rain has stopped and it's even getting light in the sky! I made the double decker gourmet brownies to bring to her, and we'll make the Moroccan chicken stew and carnival couscous tomorrow night, and go shopping for whatever she needs.

I took a little nappy this afternoon (for about 20 minutes), and felt my body jerk, and I vaguely wondered if I'd had a seizure (I know, but those worrying tendencies die hard, apparently), then I remembered that whenever I nap in the afternoons, my whole body does this weird kind of "me leaving my body" thing. Hard to explain, but not altogether unpleasant. I'm feeling a lot better today, after taking it easy yesterday (only finding clothes to wear for Florentine's fashion show modeling gig).

It seems that people are reconnecting again, and I'm personally loving it. We've got a crowd going to Bras on Broadway, part of the Divine Goddesses, and a group going to the Symphony Rocks the Hub. I love being on the Symphony Board - making thank you calls to donors and helping line up sponsors and on. It's good to help others do their work and connect with other companies and feel a part of something greater (and not be the head of it). I can still feel something really big brewing, but today I'm just content to let it come, and continue to meditate, pray, and overall have a grand time of it. We'll take pics this weekend and share the love. I hate to admit it, but I'm digging the 5 pound weight loss from the stomach thing - if I gave up chocolate totally maybe it would stay off? Uhm, can I think about it for the weekend and get back to you?

No comments: