Dress Gray Coming Soon!!!

Be sure to watch here for the much-anticipated book of William Ekberg's memoirs, due out the end of May. A stunningly beautiful 440 hardcover that spans 87 years, including the Depression, WWII, life at West Point, the early broadcasting years in North Dakota, and so much more. Watch for the announcement to pre-order your special signed copy...

Sunday, October 19, 2008

spaaaaaaaaaah...


22 women, from ages 5 to 70 (I'm the one in the white t-shirt and jeans on the floor), spa treatments, luscious smells, soft hands and feet, Widman's chocolate and Nichole's Fine Pastries, wine and sparkling cider - can it get any better than this? I think not. Not until Symphony Rocks the Hub.

I admit it - my voice is a little hoarse from all the screaming, and my lips are sore from my thumb and index finger circling to create the piercing, high-pitched whistle I do so well. Seriously. Mike Coates giving me goose bumps on his electric guitar solo on "Stairway to Heaven," "25 or 6 to 4", Chitra and Donna, Erik and Mel, Stevie bumping with me on "Funkytown," my black fishnet stockings and pointy Stuart Weitzman booties. See? THIS is why I do this - it makes me happy, energizes me, makes me remember why I'm here, why WE'RE here - this SHOULD be fun, right? At least part of the time, so I keep planning and attending the fun stuff. If there isn't any fun stuff out 'there,' I create it in 'here.' Is this saving my life? You betcha. Is it fun? You betcha. Am I going to keep doing this kind of stuff? You betcha. Will I stop saying 'you betcha?' YOU BETCHA.

No comments: